Looks are everything (sigh...). It's a hard truth of e-commerce. Customers are more likely to purchase from stores with beautifully curated product images. Do you need a bush-based photographer to snap your products?
Take a look at our Bush Business Club on Facebook and share your recommendations for photographers using #photographers.
According to JustUno, 93% of consumers consider visual content to be the key deciding factor in a purchasing decision. Most importantly the quality of the visuals you’ll use to show how your products look is ESSENTIAL. This is absolutely true of conversion rates on BFTB channels. The stronger the image, the stronger the conversion.
As well as bringing your product to life, great photography can reduce the number of returns and give your customer a clear image of what they will expect to receive.
- A high-quality image implies that your product is high quality; it creates a good first impression of your brand.
- Photographic images are more appealing than written copy.
- Photographs are an excellent way to establish your brand identity.
- Photography plays a key role in the decision-making process – it will increase your sales conversion rate.
- Images are more accessible than text to mobile audiences.
- BFTB preference is for products images to be styled, lifestyle shots as opposed to product photos against a white background.
- Think about your brand. What story are you telling (and selling)? Your product imagery should reflect that.
- While we want to share our social media features and PR opportunities around as much as possible, the truth is, strong photography is a critical factor in how visible your products are on the BFTB channel.
Check out some of these for some inspo when it comes to styling/photography:
- @bridgetbodenham - Beautifully simple styling.
- @thedesignfiles - Great ideas for curating a very mixed collection of photos to retain a single cohesive look.
- @kararosenlund - Photographer with great Earthy style.
- @leststudio - Inspo for a monochrome palate.
- @southofthebordersydney - Fashion label with great editing skills.
Tools for looking good:
- Canva - We love this tool at BFTB and use it often. It’s homegrown in Aussie and user-friendly.